Wednesday, August 12, 2009
The web inteface makes use of the WiFi networking capabilities of the iPhone and iPod Touch to view, edit, insert and backup the recipes with a desktop computer.
All the recipes are stored in the device.
Before you can use the web interface, you will have to connect both your mobile device, and the computer, to the same WiFi network.
You can use the PC with the web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 7-8 (with some limitation on the length of text inserted)
It is not required internet access.
The App will show a page like this:
Leave this page opened during the connection.
Go to on your PC and open you preferred browser.
Type the link in the browser exactly as you can see in the iPhone page
- The iPhone and the your computer must share the same access point. They need to be on the same sub-net.
- Type in the "http://" part of the URL provided for Wi-Fi Connect. Some browsers (such as Internet Explorer) may not accept the address with out the "http://". Type also :8080 at the end.
- Make sure that your phone does not "go to sleep" and disconnect from the network during the connection. If your phone goes to sleep, then the Wi-Fi connection will be lost.
- Try to disable the firewall on your computer.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Sembra esserci un problema di lunghezza del testo che può essere inviato con Internet Explorer (il limite sembra sul comando GET del protocollo HTTP). Se avete difficoltà ad inserire ricette con lunghe descrizioni provate ad usare Mozilla Firefox.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
- import mxp files (MasterCook)
- 2 new fields: 'notes' and 'cooking time'
the 1.5 version has been tested with all the beta of firmware 3.0.
The App will be submitted to Apple only when I'm reasonably sure that is stable.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
There are many news in the next major version.
The web interface will be enhanced with this features:
- browsing the recipes and the categories
- full editing of the recipe also with the image insertion
- backup and restore of all the database
- print of the recipes
The testing are in course with the localization of the new pages.
After the application will be submitted to the Apple.
Lo sviluppo dell'applicazione sta procedendo.
Ci sono molte novità nella prossima versione.
L'interfaccia Web è stata potenziata con queste nuove caratteristiche:
- si possono sfogliare le ricette e le categorie
- possibilità di inserire, modificare le ricette
- è possibile fare il backup e il ripristino del database
- le ricette possono essere stampate
L'applicazione è in fase di ultimazione e di test.
Subito dopo sarà sottoposta alla Apple.
Some features will be subject to change and a Apple approval.
Alcune caratteristiche sono soggette a cambiamenti a alla approvazione di Apple.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
The network configurations are very different and for understand the issue I need to know some information like the hardware (mac or pc) the OS (windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX) and also, if you can, the type of network (example router at home, access point public or at work etc).
I have a little suggestion: verify that the IP address shown for the iPhone is the same that you have in the iPhone configuration.
You can find your IP address going to
Settings > Wi-Fi > 'your network' > DHCP see the IP
Address (something like 192.168.x.x)
Insert http://ipaddress:8080 in your browser witht :8080 at the end.
For example if the address are 192.168.1.5 insert in the web browser
I have found a bug in version 1.3 that in some case can hang the app when a is recipe is sended.
I think to release a fix in short time.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
I would like to inform you about the news in the next version.
In the application will be possible manage the categories and will be editable.
I'm testing the app for the compatibility with the iPod Touch.
I will try to change the icons whit better images (I have read your review Squiggle_838 from UK) and hope that the look and feel of the app will be better.
I don't know the time of release but I'm working to end as soon as possible.
Thanks for your suggestions.